Sat, May 06|
Six Flags Over Texas
Band, Orchestra, and Choir go to Six Flags!
Time & Location
May 06, 2023, 10:00 AM – May 07, 2023, 9:00 PM
Six Flags Over Texas, Arlington, TX 76011, USA
About the event
DON'T FORGET TO JOIN OUR REMIND CLASS!!! Open a browser on your phone and visit rmd.at/sms6f23Who is attending: This trip is for Band (Honor & Symphonic Band only), Choir, and Orchestra. If you are enrolled in more than one of these classes be sure to talk with your two directors about which group you want to ‘officially’ attend with. Dress Code: School dress code MUST be followed and each student must wear their group (band, choir, orchestra) tee shirt. Other weather related gear is recommended (hats/sunglasses if it is hot, light jacket if it is windy, etc.) Food/Souvenirs: Six Flags is now a cashless park. Because of this students will need to either bring a prepaid card or they can bring cash to convert to a prepaid card at the park. There are no additional fees to convert your cash to card in the park. Meals ARE NOT provided- please plan to bring money for TWO meals. Cell Phone/Devices: Students are allowed to bring cell phones and their own devices, but they are responsible for any item brought to the park. Make sure to charge your device before the trip- especially if this is how you are keeping track of time! Season Pass: If your family already has a season please be sure to have it activated BEFORE our trip. You do not need to pay for a ticket, but note that you will need to bring additional money for food. SEE ABOVE. Buddy Systems: Every student is expected to stay with another Staley student (who is in Band/Choir/Orch.) for the entirety of the trip. If a director catches you without a buddy you will stay with the directors for the remainder of the trip or until we can find another Staley group for you to join. Note that the directors will be riding very few rides since we will be keeping a watchful eye for our students. Stay with your group so you do not have to hang out with the boring adults the whole time! Note that we are unable to provide small chaperoned groups, but parents are welcome to purchase additional tickets and come with your child if this is a concern. Medical issues/Not feeling well: Students need to drink water while we are on this trip! If you are not feeling well visit the first aid station by the teacups in the Mexico/Spain portion of the park. Ask for help if you need it! Expected Behavior: Students should be on their best behavior as they are representing Staley. If a director is notified that a Staley student is in trouble at Six Flags (shoplifting, vandalizing, etc.) we will notify a parent and the student will need to be picked up in Arlington immediately. Alternate Pick Up/Drop Off Times: If your student needs to arrive or leave at a different time (due to games or other conflicts) please indicate so on the permission slip. We will do our best to accommodate events happening that weekend.
- Late Arrivals-Please try to estimate times so we can plan to meet you at the front gate. If possible we will try to give your ticket to you ahead of time if you are arriving later so you can be dropped off quickly and enter the park. Be sure to make arrangements for your friends to meet you at the fountain when you arrive (a director will be present also to check you in).
- Early Pick Up- A director will meet you at the fountain and walk you out of the park to help you find your ride. Students CANNOT leave the park without a director present. Students can only stay in the park after our final check (8:00) if a parent is IN the park with them and they officially sign you out with a director. We cannot hold up the buses for one student waiting to be checked out and the buses will be leaving as soon as roll is verified on the bus.
Final Check In: All students will check in with one of the directors on this trip. They have all your information and the official check in page so be sure to look for them at the fountain at 8:00. WAITING IN LINE IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR MISSING THE CHECK-IN TIME. If you are still in line around 7:45 you may need to leave and start heading to the front. Additional tickets: Families are welcome to purchase additional single use tickets (they are good for the entire 2023 season) if you would like. Payment options: This event is being run through the Staley Band Parent Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Payments should be given to your child’s director in an envelope marked with your child’s name and Six Flags. We can accept:
- CASH please bring exact change unless you would like to donate the additional funds
- CHECK payable to SMSBPA
- VENMO You can find us with the handle @staleyband on the app. If you are asked to verify with the last four digits of a phone number please use 9696. Please make sure you submit payment BEFORE turning in your permission slip and include your student’s name so we can make sure we give credit to the correct account.
- 10:00a- Students meet in the cafeteria for roll call.
- 10:15a- Load the bus and leave (students not arriving by 10:15 are in danger of being left behind)
- 11:00a Arrive at Six Flags (this is when the park opens)
- Instead of an afternoon check in we are requiring that all parent/students join a remind class and that we have a current cell phone for your student on the trip with us or a way to reach a parent during the trip. On your smart phone open a web browser and enter rmd.at/sms6f23 and follow the directions. More info coming soon.
- 8:00p- Final Check in for departure by the center fountain.
- 9:00p- Arrive back at SMS (parents please do not park in the bus lane)